Knee Joint Pain Treatment
Knee Joint Pain Treatment
Exercise has no effect for knee pain
One of the biggest and complex joint of the body is Knee Joint. There are many structures which make up the knee joint. i.e. Bones, Muscles, Ligaments, Bursas (bags), Tendons, Menisci, Cartilage, joint fluid etc.
Common injuries seen in the knee are
Major Ligamentous injuries:
ACL: mostly seen among athletes and road side accidents. There is the swelling the in knee joint with pain and difficulty in walk.
PCL: most commonly seen in car injuries
Meniscal tears: seen in athletes, with different presentations mostly confirmed by MRI and clinical presentation
Muscular pain: It may be due to knee joint stiffness and prolong standing, sitting and walking. Patient has difficulty in moving the knee and have severe pain.
Patellar malalignment: instability in the patellacan result indegenerative changes of patellofemoral joint. As a result, the patella moves in either direction and cause pain around the knee joint.
Arthiritis of Knee: There are more than 100 different types of arthritis, divided into 2 groups, degenerative (wear and tear, also known as Osteoarthritis) or inflammatory (infection in a joint, an example is Rheumatoid Arthritis). Rheumatoid Arthritis is a progressive disease, in which body own immune system damage the joints, muscles, tendons and capsule of the body.
Some misconceptions related to knee pain:
- In the past, it was believed that every knee pain patient always require steroid injection therapy. The after effects for such treatment may include more degeneration in the joint, pain comes again after 4 to 8 weeks, weakening of the bones, weakness of the muscles and instability in soft tissue structures.
- Another misconception regarding knee pain is to stop activities even after pain subsides.
- Stopping stair climbing, sitting on the floor and walking are the most common misconceptions in patients with knee pain.
Early replacement of knee joint is added misconception for osteoarthritis patients.
- You have difficulty in standing for more than 1 minute and have knee pain
- You fell as if your knee is stucked at one point and you can’t take your knee forward or backwards
- You have any swelling or edema around the knee
- Pops are coming out of the knee as if a bubble is coming out of the knee
- Any muscular tightness around the thigh or calf region
- Any abnormality seen around the patella or knee
- You have difficulty in the knee while sit to stand
- Your doctor has asked you not to sit on the ground or climb stairs in the future life.
- Your doctor has advised you replacement surgery of the knee
Common Knee Joint Pain Treatment options:
Knee Joint Pain Treatment should start as early as possible with proper diagnosis and chronic untreated case may lead to deformities of the body. Physiotherapists can provide pain management, education, coping strategies and develop a rehabilitation program aimed at joint-specific exercises, physical fitness programs, and recommendations for assistive devices.
- Manual therapy
- Physiotherapy Modalities
- Posture therapy
- Kinesio and rigid taping
- Rehabilitation exercises
We’re here for Knee Joint Pain Treatment
REHABCURE is a Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Psychology, Knee Joint Pain Treatment and Rehabilitation out-patient setting to provide Comfortable and Quality services to the Patients, Clients and Organisations. If you are in need of physiotherapy services and pain management, our experienced and skilled Physiotherapists will ensure you get back to the activities you enjoy.Call us at +92 336 2003567 for an appointment today or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a consultation.