Who is fit:
A fit person is the one who improve or maintain health both physically and mentally with exercise.
What is fitness training:
Fitness training include aerobic training (endurance training) for improving body capacity to work, strength trainingfor increased muscle bulk, balance trainingfor coordination and balance, flexibility and stretches.
Fitness In different ages:
In children and early adolescence (age 1 to 18 years), fitness is more directed towards the playing activities and endurance training rather than strength. In adults (age between 19 to 40 years) fitness should be improved with strength training. However, in age above 40 years, only endurance training should be the part of daily exercise with 20 to 25 mins of walk daily.
Physiotherapy is one of the non-surgical health care professions who access, diagnose, treat, plan, re-diagnose and re-plan the functional limitations and participation restriction, improving physical well-being and maximizing the quality of life of the patients affected by injury, illness or disability.
Briefly, Physiotherapy improves the quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity, overall health and wellness
- Preventing disease, injury, and disability
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline