Knee Joint Pain Treatment In Lahore Pakistan
Exercise has no effect on knee pain
One of the biggest and most complex joints of the body is Knee Joint. There are many structures that make up the knee joint. i.e. Bones, Muscles, Ligaments, Bursas (bags), Tendons, Menisci, Cartilage, joint fluid, etc.
What Major Problems Physiotherapists of REHABCURE treat?
Most Common Knee Injuries
Major Ligamentous injuries:
ACL: mostly seen among athletes and road side accidents. There is the swelling the in knee joint with pain and difficulty in walk.
PCL: most commonly seen in car injuries
Meniscal tears: seen in athletes, with different presentations mostly confirmed by MRI and clinical presentation
Muscular pain: It may be due to knee joint stiffness and prolonged standing, sitting, and walking. The patient has difficulty moving the knee and has severe pain.
Patellar malalignment: instability in the patella can result in degenerative changes in the patellofemoral joint. As a result, the patella moves in either direction and causes pain around the knee joint.
Arthritis of Knee: There are more than 100 different types of arthritis, divided into 2 groups, degenerative (wear and tear, also known as Osteoarthritis) or inflammatory (infection in a joint, an example is Rheumatoid Arthritis). Rheumatoid Arthritis is a progressive disease, in which the body’s own immune system damage the joints, muscles, tendons, and capsule of the body.
Knee Specialist Near me
If you are looking for a knee specialist near me, please feel free to contact us. +923362003567
Some misconceptions related to knee pain:
- In the past, it was believed that every knee pain patient always require steroid injection therapy. The after-effects of such treatment may include more degeneration in the joint, pain coming again after 4 to 8 weeks, weakening of the bones, weakness of the muscles, and instability in soft tissue structures.
- Another misconception regarding knee pain is to stop activities even after the pain subsides.
- Stopping stair climbing, sitting on the floor, and walking are the most common misconceptions in patients with knee pain.
Early replacement of knee joint is added misconception for osteoarthritis patients.
- You have difficulty standing for more than 1 minute and have knee pain
- You feel as if your knee is stuck at one point and you can’t take your knee forward or backward
- You have any swelling or edema around the knee
- Pops are coming out of the knee as if a bubble is coming out of the knee
- Any muscular tightness around the thigh or calf region
- Any abnormality is seen around the patella or knee
- You have difficulty in the knee while sitting to stand
- Your doctor has asked you not to sit on the ground or climb stairs in the future life.
- Your doctor has advised you replacement surgery on the knee
Knee Joint Pain Treatment
Knee Joint Pain Treatment should start as early as possible with proper diagnosis and chronic untreated cases may lead to deformities of the body. Physiotherapists can provide pain management, education, and coping strategies and develop a rehabilitation program aimed at joint-specific exercises, physical fitness programs, and recommendations for assistive devices.
- Manual therapy
- Physiotherapy Modalities
- Posture therapy
- Kinesio and rigid taping
- Rehabilitation exercise
We’re here for Knee Joint Pain Treatment
RehabCure is a Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Psychology, Knee Joint Pain Treatment, and Rehabilitation outpatient setting to provide Comfortable and Quality services to Patients, Clients, and Organizations. If you are in need of physiotherapy services and pain management, our experienced and skilled Physiotherapists will ensure you get back to the activities you enjoy. Call us for an appointment or book a consultation.
Call Now +92 336 2003567
- Swelling and stiffness.
- Redness and warmth to the touch.
- Weakness or instability.
- Popping or crunching noises.
- Inability to fully straighten the knee.
- Repeated stress on knee