In adults, the poor mineralization of bone results in the painful bone disease Osteomalacia, chiefly caused by vitamin D deficiency. Osteomalacia is characterized by inadequate mineralization of bone or weakening of previously constructed bones. Insufficient calcium absorption.
- Insufficient calcium absorption
- Deficiency or resistance to the action of vitamin D
- Phosphate deficiency due to renal disorders
- Not enough dietary sources
Factors that reduce the formation of vitamin D
- Very little exposure to sunlight
- Shorter days of sunlight
- Use strong sunscreen
- In the elderly, their skin, kidney, and liver lose the capacity to make and activate vitamin D by advancing age.
- Tuna fish
- Cod liver oil
- Liver beef
- Yogurt fortified with vitamin D
- Orange juice fortified with vitamin D
WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU
RehabCure provides Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Speech therapy, Psychology, and Osteomalacia Rehabilitation outpatient setting to provide Comfortable and Quality services to Patients, Clients, and Organizations.
If you are in need of these services, our experienced and skilled Best Nutritionist in Lahore will ensure you get back to the activities you enjoy.
Call us at +92 336 2003567 for an appointment today or to book a consultation.
Thanks for reading.