Slipped Disc Treatment in Lahore, Pakistan
Slip disc Treatment, Symptoms, Causes, diagnosis in Lahore, Pakistan
Spine problems are usually associated with bad posture or overuse of the body. These problems can lead to severe pain in the spine, arms, legs and eventually degeneration.
One of the most discussed problem is Disc Slip. In this condition, the disc which is a jelly between two spinal bones, ruptured and may come out of the spine. Sometimes, it may compress the nerves and but most of the times, other structures present around the spine i.e. joints, muscles, capsules, fascia, abdominal contents, posture and extremities are responsible for pain, difficulty in movement and stiffness. For the treatment you can consult a best physiotherapist in Lahore and to differentiate if it is the disc or other structures, please read the whole description below.
Common causes of Spinal problems are:
Commonly disc slip occurs due to heavy weight lifting, road side accident or injury. Some of the causes of spinal issues are as follows
- Muscular strains
- Ligamentous sprains
- Stiff spinal joints
- Sudden injury
- Overuse injuries
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Neck and back stenosis
- Spinal arthritis
- Bad posture
Signs if the disc is compressing the nerve?:
- Sudden weakness in the legs or arms according to back and neck disc slip respectively
- Numbness and feeling of something crawling (in major part of the day or night) over the legs or arms
- Severe pain around the legs or arms
- Dryness in the skin and inability to move out of the bed completely
- In rare cases, difficulty to control urine or faeces
Signs if structures around the spine are producing pain?:
- Severe pain or inflammation
- Difficulty in movement e.g. bending forward or backward
- Muscular Tightness or joints stiffness in the body
- Constipation/ diarrhea leading to back pain
- Problem in the pelvis (as in females with irregular cycles), or abdomen (Kidneys, intestines, stomach etc.)
- Stiffness in the legs or the arm
- Pain worsen while walking for a long time or long standing
- History of any injury of the body
Who should to contacted?
- Physiotherapist/Chiropath/ Osteopath (if symptoms not subside after 3 weeks of right Physiotherapy)
- Orthopedician (if any bony surgery required)
- Neurosurgeon (if any nerve surgery required)
Is MRI/ X-Ray best for assessing all back pains?:
No, it’s not true at all. A lot of researches are now coming up with the focus not to advise MRIs or X-Rays in every Low back pain or Neck pain. It is said that 1 out of every 4th or 5th person has mild to moderate disc prolapse but it’s not necessary to produce the symptoms. The first best thing is the detailed clinical examination as it helps more in case of low back or neck pain. For detailed examination and assessment, you can contact our experts at REHABCURE.
Are Injections the only first solution after medications:
May be not. We think, one must try the physiotherapy before any injectable in the spine. Every steroidal injection can rupture the collagen (an important component of tendon and ligament), producing very bad outcomes in the patients after 3 or 6 or 12 months.
Best Slipped Disc Treatment in Lahore:
Physiotherapists in REHABCURE can provide pain management, education, abnormal- to-normal joint movement and develop a rehabilitation program aimed at joint-specific exercises, physical fitness programs, and recommendations for assistive devices.
- Manual therapy
- Posture therapy
- Kinesio and rigid taping
- Rehabilitation exercises
FREE but MOST valuable advice:
- When pain is severe, take rest. Never walk around
- Try not to bend too much
- Immediately go to Physiotherapist/ physician/orthopedic doctor if pain is not subsiding in a day
- Avoid heavy lifting when have pain
- Never STOP sitting on the floor, stair climbing and walking once symptoms subside.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
REHABCURE is a Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Psychology and Rehabilitation out-patient setting to provide Comfortable and Quality services to the Patients, Clients and Organizations. If you are in need of physiotherapy services and pain management, our experienced and skilled Physiotherapists will ensure you get back to the activities you enjoy. Call us at +92 336 2003567 for an appointment today or email us at email@example.com to book a consultation.