Sciatica Pain Treatment in Lahore, pakistan
Sciatica Pain Treatment Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis in Lahore, Pakistan: The term sciatica describes the symptoms of leg pain and possibly feeling of abnormal sensation, numbness, or weakness that originate in the lower back or buttock and travel down in the back of leg and the foot.
Symptoms of Sciatica Pain
- Constant single sided leg pain shooting in nature
- Pain worsen in prolong sitting, standing and stair climbing
- Difficulty in movement
- Burning, tingling, or abnormal sensation in leg
- Muscular weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg, foot, and/or toes
- Pain while putting wallet in the pocket
- Pain radiating down the leg and possibly into the foot and toes (it rarely occurs only in the foot)
Causes of Sciatica Pain
- Lumbar herniated disc (slipped disc) (usually rare)
- Spondylolisthesis (sliding of one vertebra over the other)
- Tumor and diabetes
- Piriformis syndrome
- Wallet syndrome
- Poor sitting mechanics
- Poor quality chair
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction with neural irritation
- Sciatic nerve stretchin
Some sciatica pain treatment options:
- Physical therapy Interventions
- Rehabilitation exercises
- Posture therapy
- Kinesio& Rigid Taping
- Patient education
- Ice therapy
- Electrotherapeutic modalities
Risk factors for sciatica include:
Occupation: Prolong sitting, driving, fix chair in which the person is unable to twist the back, carrying heavy loads; all can lead to sciatica.
Life style: Sedentary life styles and muscular imbalances are the most common causes of sciatica.
Obesity: Increase weight of the abdomen and buttock can lead to sciatica or sciatica-like symptoms.
Poor sitting posture: A good posture always lead to a healthy lifestyle. Poor posture can cause abnormal mechanics in the spine and may develop sciatica
Pregnancy: Females can develop sciatica before and after pregnancy because of weight of the fetus in the womb of the mother.
Diabetes: the patients with active diabetes and have developed neuropathy can have more chance of nerve injuries in the body.
Age: With the increase in age, there are more changes to have degeneration, spurs and herniated disc. This can lead to the symptoms of sciatica.
Complication in Sciatica Pain Treatment:
Mostly people recover from sciatica completely with physiotherapy but if it is due to diabetes; sciatica can potentially cause permanent nerve damage. Seek immediate help from your medical doctor or physiotherapist if you have;
- Loss of feeling on back side of affected leg
- Weakness of muscles of affected leg
- Loss of bowl and bladder function
Prevention from Sciatica Pain:
Whenever you experience this kind of burning or shooting pain radiating from lower lumbar spine down into buttock and back side of leg ,you must
- Take rest
- Sit in recline position
- Avoid lifting heavy weight
- Avoid bending your back
- Avoid low or deep sitting
We’re here to help
REHABCURE (best Physiotherapy clinic in lahore, pakistan) is a Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Psychology, Sciatica Pain Treatment and Rehabilitation out-patient setting to provide Comfortable and Quality services to the Patients, Clients and Organisations. If you are in need of Manual therapy or chiropractic services, our experienced and skilled Chiropractor in lahore will ensure you get back to the activities you enjoy.Call us at +92 336 2003567 for an appointment today or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a consultation.