Table of Contents
Menstrual Cycle Phases:
Periods frequently start between 10 to 16 years, and continued until menopause, when a female is of 45 to 55 years old. Their irregularity is called amenorrhea and can occur due to hormonal imbalance. Late or missed periods occur for several reasons other than pregnancy. Two times periods in female life when her periods are irregular are when it primary begin and second when menopause initiates. Menstrual cycle phases can range from each 21 to 35 days monthly.
Symptoms of Period Coming:
- Vomiting, sickness
- Excessive bleeding
- Severe pain in the pelvis and back
- Bleeding more than seven days
- Bleeding later than you have entered menopause and not cycle for a year.
Periods Irregular Causes:
There are many reasons that your periods may be irregular.
The mainly causes are
Stress can alter your daily life and your hormones. It may affect your brain parts which are liable for regulate your cycle. More than time, it can also lead to rapid weight loss or increase illness.
If you feel your period disturbed due to stress then the better solution is to change your lifestyle, try deep breathing, listen to soft music, eat healthy and do some gentle exercises of the back and pelvis.
- Excessive weight loss:
Sudden weight loss or binge eating can stop your cycle. If you take many calories, it can stop the production of hormone that are required for ovulation. If you consider that your cycles are irregular, then take healthy diet with proper meals.
Obesity may affect your menstrual period and may lead to excess production of estrogen or miss its production. Try to go for weight reduction through diet and exercise when you are out of the cycle period.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS):
PCOS can affect your body to produce excess amount of male hormone, androgen. Cysts can present on the ovaries as it may affect hormonal imbalance and create an irregular ovulation or stop it completely.
- Pills that Control birth:
Pills that contain hormones like estrogen and progestin for birth control, prevent the release of eggs from ovaries and cause menstrual irregularity.
- Chronic diseases:
Chronic Diseases i.e., Diabetes may affect your menstrual cycle as it is responsible for change in blood sugar level in the blood and may affect the hormonal releases causing irregularity in the cycle.
Chronic celiac disease prevents the absorption of useful nutrients from intestine because of inflammation. This may cause a delay in your cycle.
Missing periods of around 12 months which is called menopause, occur due to decrease in estrogen level causing the ovulation less regular. Later than menopause, your cycle discontinues completely. Its present between 45 to 55 years of age and symptoms develop approximately at the age of 40 years.
- Thyroid problem:
Thyroid issues can occur with missed or late periods. It produces many hormones that control your body metabolism any may disturb your menstrual cycle. Thyroid problem can be treated with medication that can normalize the menstrual cycle.
Myths about Menstruation:
- It is considered that menstrual cycle should always be on same time but in reality, it can vary according to the health status and lifestyle.
- It is believed that pain of menstrual cycle is not real but in reality, this pain can make you anxious and can develop mood swings.
- Having hormonal issue is considered sometimes the definition of women and because of this stigma, women avoid talking about menstrual problem.
- Periods blood is considered dirty. Although it is different from the blood running through veins, but this is not toxins excreted out from body and consisted of normal blood with tissues of lining of the uterus.
- Sometimes female considers this condition shameful but it is a natural process that reduce cardiac problem and slow the aging process so there is no need to be ashamed of it.
Menstrual Cycle Treatment in Lahore:
Are you Looking for Menstrual cycle treatment in Lahore?
Call: +92 336 2003567