Table of Contents
Ways to Improve your neck hump
A hump behind the shoulder also called a buffalo hump, which can develop when fat gathers together behind your neck. This condition is not necessarily serious.
Buffalo hump is a sign that can indicate hormonal imbalance and the use of steroidal medications prescribed to treat autoimmune and inflammatory responses.
Dowagers hump may develop due to poor forward posture of the neck. As a result of this, A rounded hunch might be seen at the base of the neck. it can develop in both men and women.
Causes Of Neck Hump:
- The weight gain in stomach and face while losing weight in the legs.
- Mild depression
- Skin thinning and bruising easily
- Poor posture (forward neck)
- Osteoporosis (bone tissue thinning)
- Genetic tendency
- Giving birth and nursing without proper support
- Kyphosis and lifting heavyweight regularly
Prevention from dowager’s hump
Always bend forward curve of the neck is bad for disk and increase the risk of disk problem and neck fatigue. The muscles of neck alignment are not made up of that kind of curve that may also cause upper and lower back pain and also feel tightness in the leg.
This hump can be prevented by maintaining a good posture adapt your neck muscles from forwarding the neck to the normal alignment of the neck.
Exercise regularly can lower the risk of thinning bones and obesity. A healthy balanced diet consists of all food groups according to the balanced proportion of protein carbs and fats.
A hump diagnosed by physical examination alone but we still need a test to identify the reason for the hump.
For this doctor will ask you about the medical history and the additional symptoms have been experiencing some test includes
- Bone density test
- Blood test
- CT scan
- Start by doing chin tucks of the neck where you pull the chin straight back. This is good for the disc in the neck and strengthens the neck muscles.
- Perform scapular squeezes where you squeeze the shoulder blades together to improve the upper back muscles.
- Do push-ups into the corner of a room or through a door frame where you move the shoulder past the hands.
DR Waseem Javaid
You can book appointment with the best physiotherapist in lahore.
Read More Articles: